Essential Oils: Part 5: Purification
Today, I’m sharing about an oil that I just recently came to love called Purification. If you missed my other posts related to essential oils, this might make more sense if you read them first, especially the general overview!
The first two ingredients in Purification are citronella and lemongrass, which is why it smells so fresh! It has several other ingredients that span the antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Below are several ways to use purification and while this list isn’t exhaustive, it should give you an idea of some of the benefits:
- Remove Smells/Odors – Diffuse or add drops to a cotton ball and place near smell
- Freshen Laundry – Add drops to homemade laundry detergent
- Cuts/Scrapes – Apply 1-2 drops topically
- Acne/Blemish – Apply 1-2 drops topically
- Blister – Apply 1-2 drops topically
- Ear Aches/Sore Throats – Apply 1-2 drops on outer areas of pain points
- Repel Insects – Add to water and apply as bug repellent
Two of my favorite ways to use purification are for sore throats and to freshen the smell of our laundry! Even though purification came in my starter kit, I hadn’t used it as much as the other oils until recently. I don’t get sick much except 2-3 really bad sore throats a year. This was my first time to use purification when feeling a sore throat coming on and after applying it to my throat I couldn’t believe how well it worked! I never got my usual awful sore throat! Was I 100%? no! But, I was 85% and compared to 20%, I’ll take it! Hope you enjoy the benefits of this oil as much as I do! If you want to try it out using my 24% discount, please contact me!