Essential Oils: Part 4: Peppermint
Some of my favorite topics to post about are related to health. Today, I’m sharing about another essential oil, Peppermint. If you missed my other posts related to essential oils, this might make more sense if you read them first:
I love my starter kit which I talked about in the general overview, because it comes with so many great oils. One of those is peppermint. Not only is it great by itself, but can also make great recipes with other oils (ie. with lavender + lemon for allergies).
There are so many benefits to peppermint. Two of my favorites are using it for headaches and motion sickness, but below are several ways to use peppermint and while this list isn’t exhaustive, it should give you an idea of some of the benefits:
- Fever – Put 1 drop in belly button every hour until fever reduces
- Headache – Apply 1-2 drops to temples and back of neck
- Boost Energy and Alertness – Apply 1-2 drops to wrists or diffuse to smell
- Nausea/Motion Sickness – Apply 1-2 drops on abdomen and/or inhale/diffuse
- Heartburn/Acid Reflux – Add 1-2 drops to water and drink
- Sinus/Congestion – Apply 1-2 drops to chest
- Bad Breath – Put 1 drop on tongue
- Inflammation – Apply 1 drop and massage into area.
The thing I love about essential oils is that they are pure and contain no chemicals. The reason you only need a drop or 2 is because in one 15 ml bottle there is one pound of raw peppermint – it is so potent! Everyone I have talked to who has tried them loves them. I have never heard one bad comment, so I promise you won’t be disappointed. If you have any questions about how to purchase or want to use my discount for 24% off the retail price please don’t hesitate to contact me.