Freedom in Christ
I am so thankful for the foundation of freedom that we can celebrate on July 4th. It’s about so much more than a federal holiday commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence and celebrating the freedom of the United States. Of course, I am so grateful for each and every person who has served in honor to bring us freedom. But, I am also reminded of the freedom we can find in Jesus Christ. He has set before us a life free of bondage and sin.
Here are a few verses I love about freedom in Christ:
- Galatians 5:1 “For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to the yoke of slavery.”
- John 8:36 “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”
- 2 Corinthians 3:17 “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
- Romans 8:15 “For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, ‘Abba! Father!’”
- John 8:32 “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
- Luke 4:18-19 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
However you spend your day, I hope you know that you can find freedom in all areas of your life! And it’s not for one day a year, but every day! Blessings to you on this 4th of July!